Pagney 12/9/2026

     A Saturday on the local patch. I had to wait for the fog to lift before seeing much but I could hear a Greenshank calling as it buggered off elsewhere - a sensible move as tomorrow sees the start of the hunting season at this site and France still allows Greenshank to be shot. Fourteen Corn Buntings could just be made out as they left their reedbed roost making a dry "pt" sound - like the noise you feel when you touch an electric fence. In the past week the roost has had up to 71 birds in it which isn't a bad number at all.

Misty Morning

       Two Marsh Harriers and an Osprey passing through gave a bit of hope for some migration but apart from the numerous Swallows, the only other movement was a group of five Stock Doves. Bird of the day was a rather obliging Ringed Plover - quite the scarcity on the patch it's the first in two years. I have named it Charlie. Charlie El Chorlito. 

                           


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pont-de-Roide 11/9/2026

Pagney 13/9/2026 - Opening of the Hunting Season